As the rising of long-range electric scooters and off-road electric scooters, people are less satisfied with the mere function moving from A to B, but for big power & faster moving ones. They also hope a mingle when the efficiency, comfort, and fun, shock absorption ability harmony into a whole.
Front and rear suspension elements in a scooter mean to improve comfort and handling while riding. And a full suspension is required for optimum performance.
WHAT IS SUSPENSION, AND WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
A suspension in a vehicle can affect the ride quality. Car creators and manufacturers spend much of their time perfecting the suspension because it is essential for handling and comfort.
The primary purpose of the suspension is to reduce the impact of the vehicle on the road surface to provide a smoother ride for the user and ensures that they won't lose control while on the road. The parts for a suspension in a foldable scooter for adults are less complex than a vehicle. The components include:
- Preload: The preload raises the suspension and ensures it stays at the top of its travel.
- Coil or spring: The spring is what will move up and down to ensure you experience fewer shocks while riding your electric scooter. The spring will also hold your weight and reduce the impact when riding over a bump or rough terrain. Lastly, the spring will also set the ride height.
- Shocks: The shocks control the movement of the coils, so your wheels stay on the ground.
- Limiter straps: It reduces the impact of the shocks.
REAR SUSPENSION VS. FRONT SUSPENSION OR BOTH – WHICH IS BETTER
The average electric scooter has either a front or rear suspension. Ensure you have checked the specs of the fast electric scooter for adults. The parts of an electric scooter will get advertised on the maker's website so check those before purchase.
Full suspension is required for optimum performance.
SUSPENSION FOR AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER
Before purchasing a foldable scooter for adults, ensure that you have full suspension to upgrade your riding experience. Knowing how to repair your scooter will increase its longevity. Avoid experimenting with parts if you don't understand their functions and consider monthly maintenance checks for optimum performance.
THE BEST WAY TO ADJUST THE SUSPENSION
Due to riding, the suspension could become loose over some time but adjusting it is easy. Check to see if the screws are too loose or too tight. Some parts can get cracked or damaged if you don't check these monthly. Make slight adjustments with a universal kit or screwdriver and go for a short ride to ensure it is smooth.
If the screws are too tight, you will know by how stiff the suspension feels on the bumps and if it is loose, you might lose your balance on turns or rough terrain.
If the ride is still stiff, the spring might have to get replaced. This is not a simple task, and you may need a professional to do this for you effectively. The screws and the spring get removed. Read the manufacturer's manual to ensure you have the correct dimensions for the new spring. If you use one that is even slightly off in size, it won't fit.
Maintaining your suspension is important for the longevity of a folding scooter for adults. Here's how:
- Screws: If you notice that the suspension is stiff or loose, you should check the screws. Another sign that there is something wrong with the screws is hearing strange noises coming from them. Check the screws once a month to ensure they aren't loose and they haven't gotten tightened too tight.
- Lubrication: During a ride, the coil will move up and down multiple times. The part gets greased by the manufacturers to ensure it is well lubricated. If you hear strange noises when you go over a bump, you will likely need to lubricate the shock absorber. When the suspension is dry, it can also damage the part.
HOW TO LUBRICATE THE SHOCK ABSORBER
- Start by folding the electric scooter so you can access the shock absorbers easily.
- Use a spray can to apply the grease or lubricant safely. Don't apply too much, or it might leak.
- Apply small amounts of grease to the shock absorbers every six months. This applies to all moving parts of an electric scooter to ensure optimum performance.
- If your folding scooter for adults gets put away for the winter, the lack of use might decrease the grease quality.
- Lastly, if strange sounds come from the suspension, the first thing to do is apply lubricant. If this doesn't automatically stop the sounds, there may be other problems with the suspension.
The Varla Eagle One is fully equipped with a dual suspension system. This independent suspension system, your Varla scooter, will absorb the bumps on the road to ensure you have a smooth ride with stability. Now you can have off-road excursions without the worry of feeling every rock or bump.